MOTOBLUR is a push based service focused on social networking developed by Motorola for their Android-powered mobile phones, which is functionally similar to Palm’s Synergy, including the remote wipe feature of Synergy. Motoblur includes a variety of widgets which combine various social networking portals such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter as well as News, Weather reports all in one place without the need of logging into each service separately. [from Wikipedia]
Te first is you must have a SIM card that is configured with the correct data plan and set up a MOTOBLUR account to gain access to your phone. To create MOTOBLUR account can only be done from the phone.
Now you can create a new account in MOTOBLUR wit:
- Press register tap new account
- Enter your name, your current email address (where MOTOBLUR can send account information), and a new MOTOBLUR account password.
Then you can set up your account. For the first time you login to your account, better you do:
- Add your accounts. To add an account, tap it and enter the user name or email and password that you set up on that account.
- After you sign in, your phone imports your contacts from your SIM card.
- To see your contacts, Tap Contacts from the programs menu.
If you love manual work, you can import contact manually from SIM card with:
- Tap Contacts
- Press the Menu key
- Tap Settings
- Tap Import from SIM card
- Tap OK to confirm
Some time you don’t need the MOTOBLUR account and want to delete it, you should contact your Motorola Call Center to request for your MOTOBLUR account be deleted.
You can read the complete tutorial from motorola.com.