Microsoft Project 2010 tips – Microsoft Project manages day standard started from Week, year started from January with work hour from 8 o’clock in the morning until 5 in the afternoon. The duration given is 8 hour work in a day or equivalent to 40 hours a week and 20 days of work.
That is the standard setting. In practice, each company has its own policy. There is 6 days in a week, there is a company starts to work at 7.30, 8.30, and many other variants.
Well, guys, in order to have suitable day and work hour in Microsoft Project with your company, please do the following settings:
- Click “Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Project 2010”.
- In Microsoft Project application, click menu “ File > Options “.
- While Project Options window opens, click Schedule menu on the left side.
- In the option of Project Options for this project, choose “ All New Projects “.
- Determine the early work day in the line of Week starts on, early work year in the line of Fiscal year starts in.
- To determine the work day, fill out default column of start time as early work hour and default column of end time as the end of work hour.
- Determine the work hour in a day in the line of Hours per day, the work hour in a week in column of Hours per week, and the amount of work day in a month in the line of Days per month.
- Press “OK” to save the changes.