Tips how to setting email alert notification – Today we will discuss about tips to set new email alert notification. When there is a new e-mail that comes in, a variety of notification can be made. It could be in configuration of a unique sound, a pop-up window that confirms the existence of new e-mail, or also with an added icon in the taskbar.
In Outlook 2010, you can set any kind of notification that would be given by Outlook if there is a new e-mail coming. To set it you can follow these following ways:
- Start the Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the “File” tab, then select the “Options” menu.
- In the Outlook Options window, click the “Mail” menu.
- On the right side will be displayed a menu of “Change the settings for messages you create and received”.
- Find the group Message arrival. At the bottom part of the group Message arrival, there are several options that can be chosen.
- Use the “Play a sound” option to create a notification sound when a new e-mail came.
- The option of “Briefly change the mouse pointer” is going to change the appearance of the mouse when a new email came.
- If you want a notification also displayed in the form of an envelope icon on the taskbar, you can select the option of “Show an envelope icon in the taskbar”.
- A new pop-up window will appear if you select “Display a Desktop Alert”. The time needed to show up this pop-up and also its transpiration level can be set by clicking the “Desktop Alert Settings”, then drag the slider. The preview of this pop-up can be viewed by clicking the “Preview”.
- You also can display a preview of each incoming message by providing a check mark in front of the option of “Enable the preview for Rights Protected message”. If the setting is appropriate with your needs, click “OK”.
Well are you ready to try the tips how to setting email alert notification?